These acceptable use policy (“Acceptable Use Policy”, “AUP”, “Policy”) is an agreement between Website Operator (“Website Operator”, “us”, “we” or “our”) and you (“User”, “you” or “your”). This Policy sets forth the general guidelines and acceptable and prohibited uses of the allzimbabwenews.com website and any of its products or services (collectively, “Website” or “Services”).
In addition to reading our complete terms of service, keep these guidelines in mind as you participate in our online discussion boards.
- Be Respectful
Personal attacks, hateful, racially or ethnically derogatory comments, and harassment against other participants in the community will not be tolerated. You can certainly disagree with another, but be respectful and keep your comments relevant to the topic of conversation.
- Avoid Nasty Language
Foul, obscene or sexually explicit language or other content that a reasonable person would find objectionable is not permitted.
- Don’t Spam
Advertisements, links, solicitations or promotions will not be allowed.
There are a few guidelines we enforce to ensure exchanges that are informative, respectful of diverse viewpoints, and lawful. Contributions to the discussion boards will be posted automatically. Website comments are moderated and are reviewed by All Zimbabwe News editors. All Zimbabwe News may choose not to post or to remove the comment if it does not meet our comment guidelines. All Zimbabwe News does not assume any liability for content posted by others. All Zimbabwe News reserves the right to delete any message under circumstances that, in All Zimbabwe News’ judgement, are inappropriate, unlawful or otherwise detrimental to the community dialogue, such as the following:
- Personal attacks, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or derogatory content, and harassment or threats against other participants of the discussion board, in the blog comments area or featured speakers on the site will not be tolerated. This includes libel or unsubstantiated accusations against another.
- Foul, obscene or sexually explicit language and other content that a reasonable person would find objectionable will not be permitted.
- All Zimbabwe News provides these discussion boards and website comments to facilitate the free exchange of information. All Zimbabwe News cannot assure the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of information posted on the discussion boards.
- Private email or contact information should not be posted in discussion boxes.
- Duplicate postings or messages in the wrong discussion box or blog comments (i.e. mismatched to the topic for that page) will be deleted or moved.
- Any comments you wish to send directly to All Zimbabwe News (without posting) can be send directly to us using our Contact Us page or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have reason to believe that any use of the discussion board is unlawful or contrary to the guidelines set forth above, please notify us immediately.
- By posting messages on All Zimbabwe News’ discussion boards and/or website comments, you expressly grant All Zimbabwe News and its affiliates the right to reproduce, adapt, perform, display, and distribute any such message in any form worldwide, in perpetuity. Credit will be given to you if you give your legal name, and indicate that you are doing so.
- By submitting content, including messages on All Zimbabwe News’ discussion boards and website comments, you further agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless All Zimbabwe News, its affiliates, and its officers, employees and directors from and against all liabilities, claims and expenses arising from or relating to your posting of material on All Zimbabwe News’ discussion boards and/or blog comments (including any claim that All Zimbabwe News’ or its affiliate’s use of such content infringes the copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights of any third party) or your use of material posted on All Zimbabwe News’ discussion boards and/or news site comments.
- You may choose the name by which you will be identified on screen. We discourage you from posting an email address as your name. We encourage you to use your legal name (first and/or last). If you choose not to use your own name, you may not use any name that intentionally impersonates another or violates another’s intellectual property rights. Any name deemed offensive by All Zimbabwe News will be deleted.
- As the Internet and our discussion boards evolve, it may be necessary to change these guidelines. All Zimbabwe News reserves the right to changes these guidelines at any time in its sole discretion. The current guidelines will be available to you online.
Prohibited activities and uses
You may not use the Services to engage in activity harmful to others, or that would subject us to liability, including, without limitation, in connection with any of the following, each of which is prohibited under this Policy:
- Disclosing sensitive personal information about others.
- Collecting, or attempting to collect, personal information about other users without their knowledge or consent.
- Threatening harm to persons or property or otherwise harassing behaviour.
- Any User in violation of our Services security is subject to criminal and civil liability, as well as immediate account termination.
Defamation and objectionable content
We value the freedom of expression and encourage Users to be respectful with the comments they post. We are not a publisher of User content and are not in a position to investigate the veracity of individual defamation claims or to determine whether certain material or comments, which we may find objectionable, should be censored. However, we reserve the right to moderate, disable or remove any content or comments to prevent harm to others or to us or our Services, as determined in our sole discretion.
We may terminate the Service of Users accounts with repeated discussions infringements. Further procedures may be carried out if necessary. We will assume no liability to any User of the Services for the removal of any such material.
If you believe you are being harassed by a person or persons using our Services, please send a report of the infringement to the contact details email@example.com
You take full responsibility for maintaining reasonable security precautions for your account. You are responsible for protecting and updating any login account provided to you for our Services. You must protect the confidentiality of your login details, and you should change your password periodically.
We reserve our right to be the sole arbiter in determining the seriousness of each infringement and to immediately take corrective actions, including but not limited to:
- Suspending or terminating your Service with or without notice upon any violation of this Policy. Any violations may also result in the immediate suspension or termination of your account.
- Disabling or removing any content which is prohibited by this Policy, including preventing harm to others or to us or our Services, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Reporting violations to law enforcement as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- A failure to respond to an email or other means of communication from us within 2 days, or as otherwise specified in the communication to you, may result in the suspension or termination of your Services or account.
Suspended and terminated User accounts due to violations will not be re-activated.
Nothing contained in this Policy shall be construed to limit our actions or remedies in any way with respect to any of the prohibited activities. In addition, we reserve at all times all rights and remedies available to us with respect to such activities at law or in equity.
If you have discovered and would like to report a violation of this Policy, please contact us immediately. We will investigate the situation and provide you with full assistance.
Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Policy or its terms relating to the website or Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Policy on the Website. When we do, we will send you an email to notify you. Continued use of the website after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Acceptance of this policy
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By using the Website or its Services you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorized to use or access the Website and its Services.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this Policy or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to it, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org